This forum is for Alumni users of the Tekguru, 4Winmobile or SmartphoneGurus web sites. Any other users looking to join will likely be deleted.

Nava Travel Loop × 1 Midnight Orange / Canvas

This forum is visible to all visitors to the site to allow any posted reviews to be read.
Tekguru
Site Admin

Nava Travel Loop × 1 Midnight Orange / Canvas

Post by Tekguru »

The Nava 'Travel Loop Midnight Orange / Canvas' arrives today. Construction seems to be good with respect to materials and the stitching etc.

It is very comfortable, on par with the Apple Trail Loop and feels very secure on the wrist.

As it is a loop it can be adjusted so it's not too tight or too loose on the wrist, and I think it'll become my daily strap for a while (replacing the leather / magnetic strap) so we'll see how it goes. 
IMG_2106.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg
I decided I wanted to wear it the other way round so swapped the strap through 180 degrees.

IMG_2111.jpeg

IMG_2112.jpeg

Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
OhhBeeOne

Re: Nava Travel Loop × 1 Midnight Orange / Canvas

Post by OhhBeeOne »

Looks good Daron, enjoy!
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

I am.... on closer inspection the strap is not as thick as the official Apple model (I did a check against an official one they had in at CeX- grade C and as scruffy as heck), but for the price it'll do for now.
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

I've had to give up on the strap as alas it doesn't like holding the Ultra in the 'sweet spot' on my wrist between my tattoos. The watch tends to lose connection with my wrist too often alas especially when sleeping.
Regards Daron

OhhBeeOne

Post by OhhBeeOne »

Is that a problem with the style of strap Daron? I find at night time, I've to adjust my strap to the next less-tight loop, my wrists seem to slightly swell during the night time, or by lying down. I've not found any straps to be uncomfortable though.
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

It just seems to be where the strap fits with where the metal portion lies against my wrist. It sort of makes the sensor slightly 'angled' on my wrist unless I wear it painfully tight. I guess it'd have no problems at all if I didn't have a bit of black ink on that part of my wrist.
Regards Daron

OhhBeeOne

Post by OhhBeeOne »

So we need a Daron v2 with unpainted wrists. When's that version getting released? :lol:
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

LOL yeah I wish I could take back that bit of tattooing even though it is one of my faves. I've always managed with all other straps, just the Nava sits just slightly wrong for me alas.
Regards Daron

Mike

Post by Mike »

The French Marine National straps are well regarded - elastic strap with a single metal clasp. Plenty of people have started making these style of straps in the last couple of years.

"Errrr ....Launch Control ....... We ...errrr...appear to have had a spontaneous rapid unscheduled disassembly of the launch vehicle at this time "
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

Those are indeed very nice, alas not good for Apple Watch users as they'd block the sensors :( It'd be cool is they did an Apple watch variant though.
Regards Daron