This forum is for Alumni users of the Tekguru, 4Winmobile or SmartphoneGurus web sites. Any other users looking to join will likely be deleted.

Dell U3224KB 6K - The journey

This forum is visible to all visitors to the site to allow any posted reviews to be read.
Tekguru
Site Admin

Dell U3224KB 6K - The journey

Post by Tekguru »

Documents are starting to appear.... Still no official page anywhere I can find with pricing..... Sigh....

Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
Tekguru
Site Admin

Re: Dell U3224KB 6K - The journey

Post by Tekguru »

And it's now on sale in the UK, but sold out..... grrrr..

Dell UltraSharp 32 6K Monitor - U3224KB

Not a bad price either at £2,542.80
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
fowljr

Post by fowljr »

Tekguru wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:06 am Not a bad price either at £2,542.80
Eeek! :shock:
Regards,
Jim

iPhone 15 | iPad Pro 11" | Apple Watch Ultra | AirPods Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 | Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

Yeah but when you think the monitor I have now was £1600 (IIRC) 8-9 years ago... And the Apple Studio Display with adjustable stand is £2k.

Regards Daron

firstbuddha

Post by firstbuddha »

Tekguru wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:45 pm Yeah but when you think the monitor I have now was £1600 (IIRC) 8-9 years ago... And the Apple Studio Display with adjustable stand is £2k.
So does the Dell screen come with built in camera as well then?
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

It does :) Full specs are here. Now back in stock for delivery tomorrow (argh) but as we're off on holiday tomorrow no go, and you can't order and delay the delivery day. So looks like we'll have to wait until we get home and hope they still have stocks.

Regards Daron

Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

Well Aly (wonderful woman) has green lit the purchase so it looks like I'll be ordering (stocks permitting) when we get back from hols...
Regards Daron

firstbuddha

Post by firstbuddha »

Ok - I thought the Apple screen was overpriced until i realised what it had.
That Dell screen then is a better alternative (IMHO) for yourself. Well out of my budget but that’s a beauty!!

firstbuddha

Post by firstbuddha »

You could’ve ordered it, delivery for my home, I’d take it out of the box to make sure it didn’t get damaged :)
Then I’d set it up and make sure it was working fine. And would be here for when you get back home. :D
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

LOL, yeah it should be fantastic. Have to last another 7-9 years though! Hmm it might outlast me! The Apple screens are way overpriced, if the 32" Apple display (£5k) was cheaper or the Studio Display (£2k) was larger I'd be tempted (stand price +£500 annoys), but this is a real decent 6K res display, and as it's 32" should allow me to get the higher resolution without missing my 'landscape' 34" UW too much.

I know I could have gone with a 49" 5k2k monitor and saved a lot of money, but the resolution height wise would be less than I have now!

Plus I do have to consider that Aly and I have lost a lot of friends in the last few years so we're both thinking more towards enjoy things while we can!
Regards Daron