This forum is for Alumni users of the Tekguru, 4Winmobile or SmartphoneGurus web sites. Any other users looking to join will likely be deleted.

Review: Brodit ProClip (#655764) for the Hyundai Tucson (year 2022)

This forum is visible to all visitors to the site to allow any posted reviews to be read.
fowljr

Re: Review: Brodit ProClip (#655764) for the Hyundai Tucson (year 2022)

Post by fowljr »

I do have the wireless charging pad, but it just heats the phones up or the phones get hot on it for some reason and I don't like it!!
Regards,
Jim

iPhone 13 | iPad Pro 11" | Apple Watch Ultra | AirPods Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 | Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

Getting very tempted to move in that direction. Alas on the Tucson though I need the USB connection and that isn't hidden away.
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
N30nra1n

Post by N30nra1n »

Did you get a massage therapist with your car Jim? :shock:
Best regards - Dave
———————————————————————————————-
iPhone 13 mini | iPad Pro 12.9” M2 | iPad Mini | MacBook Air M2 | Apple TV’s (4K and HD) | HomePods and HomeKit | AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, Beats Fit Pro | Apple Watch 6
Tony

Post by Tony »

N30nra1n wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 pm Did you get a massage therapist with your car Jim? :shock:
I did!

Heated, ventilated, massage seats in mine! 😍
Tony

Lancashire

e-MTB, Hi-Fi, AV, Computers/Gaming, Photography
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

I've got heated and ventilated.... :)
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
fowljr

Post by fowljr »

Only heated in mine! :o
Regards,
Jim

fowljr

Post by fowljr »

Hahahaha I just noticed that MagSafe had been changed to massage! Lol
Regards,
Jim

N30nra1n

Post by N30nra1n »

Tony wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:26 am
N30nra1n wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 pm Did you get a massage therapist with your car Jim? :shock:
I did!

Heated, ventilated, massage seats in mine! 😍
:shock: very jealous I got the heated and vented but no massage . . .
Best regards - Dave
iPhone 13 mini | iPad Pro 12.9” M2 | iPad Mini | MacBook Air M2 | Apple TV’s (4K and HD) | HomePods and HomeKit | AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, Beats Fit Pro | Apple Watch 6
N30nra1n

Post by N30nra1n »

fowljr wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:20 pm Hahahaha I just noticed that MagSafe had been changed to massage! Lol
:lol:
Best regards - Dave
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

As I may have mentioned the ProClip had a few issues which came to light with the install and after use:
  • The ProClip itself was very difficult to fit onto the Tucson dashboard taking multiple attempts and indeed clips to get it to fit
  • Once fitted it had a nasty habit of springing itself loose from the dashboard, due to the tension held within the Clip (almost like a tensioned archery bow), due to this being a safety issue I ha to stop using it.
I fed this information back to Brodit and it was taken on board, the Clip was redesigned with significant changes made. Brodit kindly sent out to me teh new version of the Clip to see if it addressed my issues.
IMG_2113.jpeg
As always the Clip arrived in the signature Brodit packaging.

IMG_2114.jpeg
As you can see the new design (on the left) is significantly different to the prior design, it looks much more solid and less flimsy.

IMG_2115.jpeg
With the new design mounting it was so easy, a quick clean of the dashboard, with the alcohol wipe, place the upper 'wing' into the upper part of the vent, and then push the lower 'wing' into and over the bottom lip of the vent. It went in smoothly and then gently sprang into the final position. It fits snugly with none of the 'tension' issues suffered by the prior design.

IMG_2116.jpeg

IMG_2117.jpeg
The Clip position has now changed and it sits over the vent control (which can still be accessed) and no longer obscured the hazard warning light control.

IMG_2118.jpeg
The Active Mount was secured to the ProClip.......

IMG_2119.jpeg
And then turned to my usual operating position. This semi-landscape position is used so the cable does not go in front of the Tucson display screen.

Brodit have done a great job here, both in taking on board the issue, producing a new (and improved) design and getting it out to me as soon as production had been completed. Gold stars and brownie points awarded as always!

Regards Daron