This forum is for Alumni users of the Tekguru, 4Winmobile or SmartphoneGurus web sites. Any other users looking to join will likely be deleted.

Review: Lond Luxury Apple Watch Strap - Khaki Leather / Black’ from Buckle & Band

This forum is visible to all visitors to the site to allow any posted reviews to be read.
Tekguru
Site Admin

Review: Lond Luxury Apple Watch Strap - Khaki Leather / Black’ from Buckle & Band

Post by Tekguru »

I recently got into discussions with Buckle & Band on Facebook and was offered the chance to renew one of their Apple Watch straps. The design I chose to go with was the ‘Lond Luxury Apple Watch Strap - Khaki Leather, 42mm | 44mm | 45mm / Black’ which as it has khaki leather and black fitments it aims to match in perfectly with my Series 6 watch in Stainless Steel.

The watch arrived within 2 days of ordering (shipped via Hermes) and was shipped in a good quality shipping box which was posted through the letterbox.

Opening the shipping box revealed plenty of biodegradable packing material, a nice compliments slip, the invoice and the very classy looking watch strap box, the front of which carries the Buckle & Band badging, and underneath details the model ordered and the relevant model coding etc. At this point it is clear that this is going to be a high quality product before the box is opened!
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg
IMG_1516.jpeg
On opening the box you get to see the first look at the strap itself, it’s nestled nicely in a soft insert whilst the upraised lid contains instructions as to how to fit the strap. There are finger slipways in the insert to allow you to pick up the strap without having to be so crass as to tip the box upside down.
IMG_1517.jpeg
The strap itself looks to be made of quality leather, with a thickness of around 3mm, the leather is supple and not stiff any all. The stitching, which matches the colour of the leather, is nice and tight without any loose ‘stitch ends’ anywhere. The edges of the strap have been buffed and rounded slightly so there is no rough cut appearance to the leather and it feels and looks very professional.
IMG_1523.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg
IMG_1527.jpeg
The fitments are of a good quality with the black plating being thick enough that none of the underlying metal colour shows through, the buckle itself is branded with the Buckle & Band logo as is the back face of the tang part of the strap.
IMG_1528.jpeg
IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1526.jpeg
It has to be noted at this point that the strap smells of cured leather and that only adds to the quality feel. Every aspect of the scrap positively drips of quality, from the leather used, how it has been prepared and finished and the good quality metal used.

So that takes me to actually fitting it and using it on the watch. I’m a person of ink meaning I’ve got a tattoo right under where my watch needs to sit on my wrist. Part of that tattoo is black & red which Apple Watch sensors do not like working through. This means I have to wear the watch towards the top of my wrist, near the wrist bone, and have the strap fitting tightly on to my skin.
IMG_1537.jpeg
IMG_1539.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg
The Lond strap contains 8 sizing holes to allow it to accommodate various sizes of wrist. The question was would it allow positioning of the watch to avoid the tattoo problems. I’m very happy to say using the third hole on the strap both held it tight enough against my wrist and also in the ‘sweet spot’ to avoid any issues with the tattoo!

To conclude the Buckle & Band Lond strap is possibly one of the highest quality leather straps I’ve come across and serves to raise my Apple Watch to an even higher level of elegance and style.
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
fowljr

Re: Review: Lond Luxury Apple Watch Strap - Khaki Leather / Black’ from Buckle & Band

Post by fowljr »

Looks like a nice band mate. I'm not into leather straps really!!

Nice review, brings back memories seeing the photos on the 'Tekguru Table'! ;-)
Regards,
Jim

iPhone 15 | iPad Pro 11" | Apple Watch Ultra | AirPods Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 | Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Tekguru
Site Admin

Re: Review: Lond Luxury Apple Watch Strap - Khaki Leather / Black’ from Buckle & Band

Post by Tekguru »

It is a sweet strap, one I'll likely save for special occasions or when I want to go out all posh :)

Indeed I had to use the same good old fruit wood table as a background! Nice to be doing a bit of old style reviewing for once!
Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
fowljr

Post by fowljr »

👍
Regards,
Jim

Mike

Post by Mike »

That's really nice Daron - i have a bit of a fetish for swapping watch straps around on my modest collection. :mrgreen:

It is always amazing to see how a change of strap can really change the whole look of a watch.
"Errrr ....Launch Control ....... We ...errrr...appear to have had a spontaneous rapid unscheduled disassembly of the launch vehicle at this time "
Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

Indeed it does and while expensive for a normal watch strap for an Apple strap it's not badly priced and very well constructed compared to a lot of the cheaper straps out there.
Regards Daron

Boz

Post by Boz »

Nice strap that Daron, I find my Apple silicon watch strap a pain to to get on, so fiddly!
fowljr

Post by fowljr »

I've had my Apple Watch 5 in one of these for ages...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... =UTF8&th=1

I've got a Metal strap for 'best' use, but I don't use it often mainly because I don't go anywhere! ;-)
Regards,
Jim

fowljr

Post by fowljr »

Forgot to mention I bought a second, just in case this one breaks! ;-)
Regards,
Jim

Tekguru
Site Admin

Post by Tekguru »

i stopped using the silican case way back, too much muck caught inside it plus (to me) it spoiled the sleek looks, especially with the SS watch.

A stainless steel strap would likely not get around the 'tattoo isues'.
Regards Daron