This forum is for Alumni users of the Tekguru, 4Winmobile or SmartphoneGurus web sites. Any other users looking to join will likely be deleted.

Brave Browser and the Extensions I use

This is the only area of the forum that is visible to guest users. Posts made in here are for your information
Tekguru
Site Admin

Re: Brave Browser and the Extensions I use

Post by Tekguru »

Following on from the original post.... I've now turned off the 'Shields' within Brave and have gone through the pain of working out which uBlock Origin settings replicate those.

This means that I'm fully protected (IIRC) from online Malware etc, and only have one blocking system in place so as to maximise web speed.

Attached are the filters I'm now using.
Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 10.56.37.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 10.56.52.jpg

Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag
Tekguru
Site Admin

Re: Brave Browser and the Extensions I use

Post by Tekguru »

I tried the new version of the AdGuard Extension (alongside uBlock Origin) and I'm very glad to report it killed off (as advertised) all the flipping adverts in Facebook. I feel like I've got my feed back. Very happy.

One quick edit later - I've now got it set to only operate on Facebook so there is no overlap between that and uBlock on all other sites.

Regards Daron

iPhone 14 Pro Max | iPad Pro 11” | iPad Mini | Mac Mini M2 Pro | Apple 4K TV | HomePods | Powerbeats | AirPod Pro 2 | Beats Studio 3 | Apple Watch Ultra 2 | AirTag